cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnects for several days

philrule

Constant disconnects for several days

Over the past few days I've had multiple periods, quite often from 11pm onwards, of having repeated disconnects, the internet connecting again just to disconnect a few minutes later over and over again until I finally give up and go to bed. By morning the problems are all gone again. Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem?
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Constant disconnects for several days

Hi philrule,
Firstly, are you using wired or wireless? If it's wireless then something that occurs at that time could be dropping your connection. Does the router lose sync? (i.e. does the broadband light go off/flash) Are you using extension cables/sockets? Is there anything on timers in the house at that could cause this?
Looking at your connection logs it looks like this is happening at other times too. I'd also suggest having a look here for some tips.
Jojo Smiley
philrule

It happens on both wired and wireless, with the router showing that it isn't connected to the internet. It isn't on an extension and nothing on timer that would affect it, though as you can see it happens rather randomly anyway. I've tried all the steps in the link you gave except for trying a different router which I'm trying now so will have to wait and see if that fixes the problem.
philrule

I'm still getting the disconnects with a different router.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI philrule,
In that case I would suggest raising a fault.
Jojo Smiley