cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnects all day

jayeffster
Hooked

Constant disconnects all day

My connection has been fine and stable for months. Today its an absolute nightmare dropping me at random moments, sometimes 3 or 4 times in an hour. Been next to impossible to do the stuff I wantd to do today.  Phoned for help and gave up after nearly an hour listening to the same 5 songs. Online testing reckoned it was a phone issue. testing my phone seemed to suggest no dial tone was a factor. Though I can phone out. This might relate to the fact that if someone phones me I get kicked off whatever I was doing. Which is also pretty annoying too.

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Constant disconnects all day

Then report a phone fault - although your testing may have already have automatically raised a ticket. If you log into your account, if there is an open one, it should be displayed on the home page.

John
jayeffster
Hooked

No ticket that I can see, not that I know what it would show if there was one. I luckily had a spare phone setup which Ive put in place now. Due to the randomness of the drops impossible to say yet if its a fix. I'll have a quick hunt about for another filter too and elimante that as a possible.

jab1
Legend

Try a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 and select option 2. ANY noise, other than the automated, regular 'quiet line test' message and report a phone fault.

John
jayeffster
Hooked

Sounda like a bowl of rice krispies. So guess you are right. Problem is the gigaset handsets need 6 hours to charge and whatnot so I dont even know if theyre non functional until then. I tried to dial out and nothing happened.

jab1
Legend

Then you definitely have a voice-curcuit fault which you will need to report.

John
jayeffster
Hooked

Ok well cant do anything for 18 hours while the phone charges, is depleted and charged again Oo

jab1
Legend

You said in post #5 'I tried to dial out and nothing happened'. In that case, a different handset set-up will make no difference. If you have a mobile phone, I would suggest ringing in on 0800 432 0200 as early as possible tomorrow.

John
jayeffster
Hooked

Of course but one of the first things in their checklist is test your phone etc and my phones are old. I need to narrow down the possible problems as much as possible.

jab1
Legend

OK.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Far easier / much more sensible to go get a cheap corded phone for sub £5 - or borrow one!

Old cordless phone could generate their own noise, which could be mistaken for noise on the line.

Having a working corded phone is a highly valuable diagnostic tool, worth far more than it costs in situations such as this.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.