Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections

richardhead
Grafter

Constant disconnections

Good afternoon,
For the last few days we have been getting constantly disconnected. We noticed this started happening after a storm two days ago.
As i have mentioned previously a few months ago, there are new filters and even a new rj11 cable so i know these are ok. The router is a billion 7800n which is just over two years old, and i have even gone as far as to do a complete factory refresh starting with minimal devices connected (only two).
The router is plugged into the main socket still to. It is probably worth mentioning that the connection had been absolutely fine up until the last couple of days.
Is there a problem with the exchange or your end since the storm?.
Many thanks in advance for your help
7 REPLIES 7
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Constant disconnections

Hi there richardhead Smiley
I've done some tests and it looks like there may be a problem with the connection somewhere along the line. It may be best to raise this at http://faults.plus.net as there are some checks that you can go through, and if it is a problem with the connection rather than your equipment we can investigate further and sort it for you Smiley
richardhead
Grafter

I will try as you suggested. That's if i can stay connected long enough.
catelliott
Grafter

Hello again Smiley
Hopefully our Technical Support guys can help you out. Feel free to let us know how you get along, and if you have any further problems please let us know.
richardhead
Grafter

Just to update it is still disconnecting but not as much.
The technical support guys called the other day and i have my router connected to test socket as requested. They told me i had 51 errors a minute on the line and it looks like it still might be happening.
I was told to leave it for a few days and the connection will be monitored. Has there been any updates on this?.
Thanks
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
I can see that this has been raised to our Faults team, who will be performing some tests. Someone from the team should be in touch with you with more information on Monday Smiley
richardhead
Grafter

Ok thanks for the reply. Would they be able to phone me late afternoon/early evening as i won't be home until then. That'd be great!
catelliott
Grafter

I can't guarantee it, but I will pop a note on the ticket requesting this. If they can't reach you I will also request that they leave a voicemail with all the information that you might need Smiley