cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections recently.

ejnallstars

Constant disconnections recently.

Hi,

I must confess to start with that I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the technical side of things, so I'd be grateful if any advice could be offered in the simplest of terms. Thank you.

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing a lot of disconnections from the internet. Usually it only disconnects for about thirty seconds but has become very frustrating. The broadband/internet lights on the router go off briefly and then flash until they become stable again and everything works as normal for a little while.

I have checked the service status page but I don't appear to be in an affected area and also I'm never on after midnight when the maintenance is planned.

I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Constant disconnections recently.

Looking at the connection logs, there were quite a few showing on Tuesday and a couple yesterday, since around 2am yesterday morning there have been no disconnections at all. Are you still seeing the same issues?

It's worth running through the checks here: http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ejnallstars

Thank you.

No, I don't think it happened yesterday or today as yet. If I am reading the graph correctly (although that's doubtful) do the disconnections shown look normal or would you expect a more constant connection than that?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's dropping more than I'd like to see definitely, take a look through those checks, if the problem continues it's worth reporting as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ejnallstars

Thank you for your help.

I have watched the video and will follow through the different steps advised and hopefully things will settle down.

Thank you again.