cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant buffering

Grable3

Constant buffering

We have a Now box and our son has access to BT Sport and likes to watch the MotoGP when he visits.  However, we're yet to see a whole hour-long programme on the Now box without it buffering for what seems like an age.  Last week, I was trying to watch a 45-minute Dr Who programme and it took an hour and a half - on several occasions, the programme stopped playing and went back to the menu.  Today, we managed the majority of the MotoGP - but missed the last few laps, where Rossi moved up to first place and then fell off!  We missed the excitement ..... again!!!!

We did have problems before with our connection constantly failing.  Since then, we've changed our router and have located that router closer to the main telephone socket.  Connection loss is much rarer now - but why can't we watch any live streaming?

We've been with PlusNet for some years now, but are wondering if we'd have more luck elsewhere, because we can't think of any other way of getting the service we believed we were paying for.

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Constant buffering

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Constant buffering

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I've tested your line, and it appears the throughput and speed issues of the connection may be due to a setting being incorrect.

The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is too low for the length of your line. The SNR helps the line to remain stable and unaffected by noise or interference on the line. The higher the setting for SNR, the higher the level of noise can be tolerated.

By increasing the SNR target, we expect you to receive a faster download speed.

Let us know how you get on within the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet