cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Downtime the past 2 days...

Matin1
Dabbler

Constant Downtime the past 2 days...

So, for the past 2 days my internet has been dropping out at 4-6amish and being down pretty much the whole day.
I finally got it to connect yesturday about 7pm, but today it has gone down again at 4am.
Is there some sort of fault in my area? Am I doing something wrong? I replied to a ticket but they are so slow in coming back to me.
thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Constant Downtime the past 2 days...

Hi Matin1,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection. I can see from the fault ticket that the issue appeared to clear itself up, but it's now re-appeared. Can you please advise when you can be available for an engineers visit?
Matin1
Dabbler

Probably not until the 14th of June.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you will be available, I can get you booked in for that day. Would you prefer a morning slot (8am-1pm) or an afternoon slot (1pm-6pm)?
Matin1
Dabbler

Morning please.
Matin1
Dabbler

is there anything I can do to get it up and running?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Martin,
Unfortunately this seems to need an engineer to visit in order to rectify the issue so there may be little that can be done if you've already carried out the faults checks on your equipment.
Thanks,
Adam C
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been booked in for you. Ticket: 84219936 updated to reflect this.
Matin1
Dabbler

Hello,
So the Engineer didn't come around on Saturday...Apparently there was an 'error' with the system so I basically wasted my Saturday morning waiting for this guy to come - I only found out because I called in!
Anyway, my line seems stable now - its been up for around 4 days now - can you please request a DLM reset for me, so that my ping can return to normal? It used to be 8ms now its in the 30s.
thanks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Matin,
Sorry to hear that you didn't have the engineer attend the appointment. Glad to hear that the line seems to have stabilised itself now though which is good news.
Unfortunately we're not able to request DLM resets at present due to the way in which the supplier processes work however we are working with them to make this option available. Further details on DLM can be found here. As the connectivity has now returned, you should see the line statistics move back to normal of their own accord.

Thanks,
Adam C