cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent packet loss for the past two weeks...

Moolapie
Dabbler

Consistent packet loss for the past two weeks...

Like many other users have been posting, I am also experiencing consistent packet loss during all times of the day. It is most noticeable when online gaming, but also can effect video streaming and general browsing occasionally.

I have been running ping tests through command promt to plus.net for the last few days, sending 100bytes of data as opposed to the default 32, as games tend to send much larger packets of data far often than browsing etc. 

The best results have given me 1% loss, but most of the time the loss level is around 2% or just over.

I have opened a ticket and apparently I'm waiting for the support team to respond, but that message hasn't changed for a few days now.

It would be really nice to get a response from Plusnet admitting this is an issue affecting multiple customers tbh...

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Consistent packet loss for the past two weeks...

Might be worth having a read of Bob's post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Continual-intermittent-dropped-packets/m-p/1384464#M50...

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Moolapie
Dabbler

Re: Consistent packet loss for the past two weeks...

Thanks, since last night things have been much better. Still got some minor packet loss in games last night though.

Will update later tonight.