cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection

Fishbuj

Connection

Hi, just new to the community - my broadband keeps dropping out. I have done a connectivity check as pictured - can anyone explain why the internet connectivity has a Red Cross and how can I resolve this

t.i.aIMG_0342.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Connection

Our tests aren't showing any issues.

Can you raise this at https://faults.plus.net and we'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Connection

@Fishbuj,

A warm welcome to the forums.

The Red Cross against IPv6 is nothing to worry about - PlusNET still does not support the IPv6 (now 20 year old) networking method.  I have also seen the gateway connection reported to be in error ... when it's working perfectly fine!  Crazy2

Following the fault checker as suggested above will be useful, as will also taking a look at the speed issues thread below.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.