cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection unavailable from 2 Plus.net connections - same exchange - since 11:50

HolaPussycat
Grafter

Connection unavailable from 2 Plus.net connections - same exchange - since 11:50

For just over an hour now, we've had no connection (both show as synced, but not connecting)
Exchange name: Manea. Exchange code: EMMANEA. Location: Cambridgeshire East
Both connections I've tested are through Plus.net - but normally only one will be down at any one time.
Can anyone find out what's happened between the exchange and PN? Wading through support pages on a GPRS connection is somewhere between impossible and useless,
James
8 REPLIES 8
HolaPussycat
Grafter

Re: Connection unavailable from 2 Plus.net connections - same exchange - since 11:50

And when I finally do get to the final page of posting a broadband fault:
Error
Sorry, An error occurred whilst processing your request.
The error has been recorded and our website team will investigate. Please try again later.
Marvellous, just what I need, when I want to finish uploading some work and shut down
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Connection unavailable from 2 Plus.net connections - same exchange - since 11:50

Could be the BT work notified in the Service Status post this afternoon (archive here).
Outages also due on Wed 16th and Thurs 17th.
David
HolaPussycat
Grafter

That would explain it; I guess they were a bit quick off the mark given it wasn't midnight when they took it down.
I didn't see that on the Major Service Outage page http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php and managed to miss it on the Service Status page (it never did finish loading though; it's taken about 6 minutes to load this reply page)
Thank you, and fingers crossed it will be up sooner rather than later
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Our session graphs suggest it was pretty much bang on Midnight that the work started. Things came back up just before 2.00am, so if you're still having problems it may not be related. Ignore the blips on the graph, they're just reporting errors.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HolaPussycat
Grafter

I'm pretty sure it was; the router suggested that the connection came back up at about 1:50, but I was still connected via Vodafone until some time after that. (How they get away with charging us so much, for such an appalling connection standard here... Oh wait, that's my fault for paying it.)
Luckily, I'll be avoiding any work tonight if we are disconnected again with the remaining upgrades.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HolaPussycat,
If you sign up for email notifications you'll get alerted when we post anything like that in future.
Jojo Smiley
HolaPussycat
Grafter

Fantastic, thanks Jojo
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Or the RSS feed http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml - saves logging into email  Wink