Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection speed >2100Kpbs, IP profile stuck at 1500

mapletree
Grafter

Connection speed >2100Kpbs, IP profile stuck at 1500

Hi,
After a temporary speed problem last week I have had consitent connection speeds of 2112Kbps.  According to what I have read I should have an IP profile of 1750Kbps for this sync speed.  However when my IP profile recovered several days ago it only went to 1500.
Is it worth raising a ticket?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection speed >2100Kpbs, IP profile stuck at 1500

You are correct in saying that you should be on a 1750 profile if your sync has remained consistent since those lower syncs you had. As long as the line remains stable it should uplift soon, however it appears that your line is actually connecting at a speed lower than your fault threshold rate. If you raise a speed fault at http://faults.plus.net and include some BT speedtest results (http://speedtester.bt.com) we should be able to get this pushed through for you.
If you do raise a ticket please remember that we have no control over the IP profile.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mapletree
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I have already been through the speed fault process and the issue was never resolved fully, although my sync speed did recover to the current
level with the purchase of a new phone cable. 
Right now I would be content with an IP profile of 1750 and a stable connection.  Is it worth going through all this again?  I spent a lot of time trying loads of tests which did not help.  The BT speed tester has never worked at all for me either.
mapletree
Grafter

It's now 6 days since my sync speed recovered but the IP profile is still 1500Kps.  I thought it should take a maximum of 5 days to recover?