Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection/speed complaints

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Connection/speed complaints

No, I haven't got one at the moment, but I see quite a few from others who have. The problem I have with those is that in 99.9% of cases, no-one appears to have read the 'sticky' headed 'ADSL - speed faults' - https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501 .

If those suffering from slow/non-existent connections DID read and follow those suggestions (if possible), it would make it so much easier for other people to help them, and maybe save the need to contact PN.

Just a random thought. Smiley

John
3 REPLIES 3
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Connection/speed complaints

Thanks for your comments @jab1.

I wholeheartedly agree, however, as the old adage says - 'You can take a horse to water...'

In any case, if all customers started resolving their own issues we'd all be out of work!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@OskarPapa Thanks for your reply.

I am in no way trying to put you all out of a job Smiley - but as this forum has a wealth of experienced users, if people with problems attempted a bit of self-help, or gave us a little more information than 'my broadband doesn't work/is dodgy' then (a) you guys would have a better starting point and (b) as I said, it may be possible for other users to help,  therefore taking some of the load off you.

From my own experience, a methodical approach to a problem helps, but there are times when self help can't solve the issue, and that's when CS support is really needed - if the community can solve a minor problem, then PN can spend more time on resolving the others.

John
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hey @jab1, thanks for getting back to me.

IMHO you're 100% right, in fact it's the reason we have the forum in the first place - to encourage self help.

It's a shame that the guides and experienced users/Superusers aren't utilised more, definitely,