Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems for a referral

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Connection problems for a referral

I hope some kind member of the CS team can help me here.

I referred my sister to PN (from BT) about a month ago, and for a couple of weeks everything was OK - then she told me she was constantly losing connection, or being told via the router she was connected, but was unable to use the 'net (you are not connected to the internet).

She contacted PN by phone a fortnight ago or so, and after going through the usual checks, was told by the advisor ' leave everything alone for four hours, and it should be corrected. She did, and it was - only to fail again this weekend.

I paid her a visit yesterday and noticed from the router that she had had another disconnection about two hours previously, so we rang support again, and I spoke to the advisor, to be told that yes, she could see the drops, and would raise a ticket to faults - which apparently, the first advisor had failed to do.

So, can I ask for the results of any tests carried out, and a copy of the Radius log please - I am going to be the one sorting this, as sister is a technophobe - she says 'I'm paying for this - it should just work!

Thanks in advance - an embarrassed referrer

John
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Connection problems for a referral

Sorry to hear your sister is having problems. Sad

It looks the drops have returned...

I've updated their fault ticket with the usual checks. If they still have problems, I'd recommend asking them to reply to the ticket and we'll arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf- thanks for reply - that looks a little uncomfortable. Looks a bit more stable since I spoke to CS yesterday.

Unfortunately, as I said in my original post, sister is a technophobe, so it looks like I'll have to pay her another visit and see what the ticket says - unless you could PM me a copy, and then I would know what to tell her to put in the reply.

Actually visiting is a bit of a problem, as she is some distance from me, and transport links are dodgy, to say the least.

John
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we're not going to be able to PM a ticket from someone else's account to you. Sorry about that.

The standard checks we do ask though are these: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jab1
Legend

OK @Chris - I thought that would be the case.Sad . I'll just have to get her to advise me - but the 'Standard checks' have already been done - twice.

John