Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection lost - again

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Connection lost - again

Whats happened?  Yesterday i coudnt connect, and today its the same, this time how ever my light for the internet is flashing Red instead of a constant green.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Connection lost - again

Hi there,
Yesterday's issues wouldn't have caused any loss of sync, that's entirely between the exchange and your own router. As such it's most likely a line fault, and would be best raised to us via the wizard at http://faults.plus.net - that'll take you through all the necessary checks and raise a ticket through to our faults team, who'll get it sorted for you.
Sorry to hear the connection's not working as it should, hope that helps and that it's fixed quickly for you.
pint
Aspiring Pro

as i dont have another router Ive got as far as this "I haven't tried with a different router and I understand that I could be charged if there's a fault with my equipment"
I realy dont want to incur any aditional charges, earlier on today the phone line went completly dead, and an open reach van was seen in the area, also im due to be changed to ADSL2 sometime on the 10th ( tommorow) could this all be linked?
pint
Aspiring Pro

Right the whole fault findiong wizzard is an excersize in pulling teeth, as i dont want the risk of any aditional charges ( on top of the high cost of plusnets broadband market 1 despite fitting the definition for market 2, and the last offcom review was in 2010 ) im going to try the other option - tried with another router.
I dont know about other people, but spare routers arent something i tend to keep lying around the place.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

The wizard works really well for me. It will tell you what's wrong. If it's a line fault then BTOR will sort it out for you. You can always decline the visit if you want to, if that is what tech support decide is required.
pint
Aspiring Pro

Ive submitted a fault report, but im not sure if changing to ADSL2 has caused any issues, apparently the line chages tommorow but the information coming from plusnet regarding this has been lacking somewhat.
is it normal for the conection to drop before the change over?
Is changing to ADSL2 the same as signing up for ADSL? where an engineer has to drill holes and solder wires at the exchange