cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection lagging like mad!!!!

wilma1964
Grafter

Connection lagging like mad!!!!

As you'll see from my old posts and comments I have had nothing but bad bad fibre with plusnet and gaming is hideous terrible button delay and constant lag sort it out plusnet !!! Either try the 40/10 profile or sort the lag out or even allow us to go on basic internet as your service is terrible and you've even added extra length to our contract which Ofcom will enjoy seeing when we speak to let us leave or do your jobs and provide us with a service you promised on our initial call!!!
dick:blue Moved to Broadband and Routers as it's not specifically gaming...also title edited to reflect this.
14 REPLIES 14
wilma1964
Grafter

all games at all times suffer lag and button delay on fibre

Need I say more then what's in the title common plusnet what's your excuse months later still no fix ? , for FIFA 13 or 14 or any other tittle ?
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: all games at all times suffer lag and button delay on fibre

Hello,
Your other already open thread was moved to the Broadband & Routers section: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119179.0.html
You don't need to open multiple threads for the same issue, otherwise it just wastes people's time, as multiple people could be working on the same thing.
Cheers
Matt
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Re: Connection lagging like mad!!!!

Hello,
Have you actually raised a broadband fault yet, at http://faults.plus.net ? - That would be the first step.
Cheers,
Matt
wilma1964
Grafter

Re: all games at all times suffer lag and button delay on fibre

Plusnet are wasting my money and time with no fix or help so excuse me for being frustrated
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note.
wilma1964, I have merged your threads so please stop spamming the forum and keep things in one place where they can be found easily and maybe a solution offered.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
wilma1964
Grafter

I've raised faults had engineers , new routers firewalls you name it we done it cut your losses And let us go !!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Well, You might want to give the Customer Options Team a call then, and they'll be able to arrange your MAC.
They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 5:30pm on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197
Failing that, you can also send in a letter
Customer Options Team
Plusnet,
The Balance,
2 Pinfold Street,
Sheffield
S1 2GU
Cheers,
Matt
wilma1964
Grafter

I've tried that they wont help us at all which is why I'm trying here as the customer support is misleading and awful can't you help us leave ?
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Well, Cancellation requests aren't accepted via the Forums.
If you want to cancel, the methods I've advised already are the only options.
Cheers,
Matt
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

And none of us are Plusnet Employees so can't help in that way.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
wilma1964
Grafter

Great no help here or via phone let me quote something " customers come first " what a joke !! Ofcom is the next step
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Not sure what OfCom will be able to do you for you, you'll get the "Please contact your provider" response.
So, you've raised a fault - I'm guessing the outcome of that was that there wasn't a fault?
Have you tried different computers/consoles? I mean, have you personally gone through every angle possible on your side? Instead of jumping and blaming Plusnet straight away for your connection problems.
I had Plusnet quite a while ago, I had 3Mbps internet, I never once had any gaming problems with any of my games.
Cheers,
Matt
wilma1964
Grafter

Tried consoles and computers new wires cables routers which is also the words of the engineer it's your faultand nobody online I play with lags like I do every game.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, what is it that's actually at fault? I can see you had a dropping connection fault raised a short while ago and have mentioned lag when in game, but if you give us a bit more detail about the fault itself we'd be happy to look into it further. Wireshark captures (if it is just lag) would be useful, or speed test results - anything that shows the fault that you're experiencing.