Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Connection keeps dropping.

As the title says the last 48 hours have been rather worrying. The connection keeps dropping dead. Router is always a bit hot and AS I KEEP SAYING, this is the 6th router with the previous 5 all having managed to last a month or two since you sent BT to sort out our line after a simple renumber that went badly wrong.
SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.
Please, pretty please, with a cherry on the top, will someone kindly take this seriously?
Twice today, 3/4 times yesterday and a couple of times the day before if i remember correctly. This is becoming really frustrating.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection keeps dropping.

@Sprite
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having here. Whilst I always try to keep an open mind about what causes issues like this until a clear cause can be identified I don't really want to point the finger at the router being to blame.
In full appreciation that you think that there may be a problem with your hardware,  routers do get warm when in use, precisely how warm is difficult to say and what one person thinks is "a bit hot" is different to the next because it's very very subjective, all electronic devices are prone to heating up when in use for prolonged periods of time. Also bearing in mind you're on you're 6th one, that speaks volumes to me that there may be an issue elsewhere.
I have no doubt that the disconnection just before you made this post was related to yesterday's outage. You'll need to raise a fault with us as the next step, you can do that via this link: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults or give support a call on 0800 432 0200.
When you have I'd urge you to give me a nudge via PM and I'll make sure one of our more experienced faults agents deals with it with a view to you and ourselves working with our suppliers to identify the cause of your issues
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Connection keeps dropping.

@Sprite
Can you say what sort of connection your are on,  ADSL or FTTC/P ?
The only other immediate thought - is your modem/router well ventilated, ie. not sitting on a carpeted floor where air movement into the vents could be restricted? You could consider using a fan to help cool it to see if that makes any difference to the problem, that would at least prove or eliminate one potential source of the problem.