cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping?

anotherbob
Grafter

Connection keeps dropping?

Three times this morning I've had to login to my router (Technicolor) and go through the DISCONNECT/CONNECT routine. The event log shows this info at the times it happened...
PPP link down (Internet) [146.200.58.16] (9:19:00)
PPP link down (Internet) [87.115.136.22] (09:59:45)
PPP link down (Internet) [146.200.7.168] (10:41:24)
(Though my tablet and PC wouldn't fetch pages, my Squeezebox Touch carried on playing Radio Paradise connected to mysqueezebox.com)
This is nothing new. It happens a lot.
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Connection keeps dropping?

Hi anotherbob,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues. I've checked your line and I can that it's erroring at a very high rate for some reason. This only seemed to start at around 09:30 from what I can see.
Has anything changed internally with regards to new electronic equipment or and external building/road works in the area at all?
anotherbob
Grafter

Nothing has changed.
I have just spoken to an advisor at plusnet and I am now connected again.
I didn't do anything different from what I had already tried myself so I assume that whatever is causing the problem may well continue to do so.
I had a new router not so long ago and I have changed the microfilter for a new one.
During the 3 dropouts I mentioned in my first post the internet light on the router stayed on.
However what caused me to phone the helpline was my router telling me YOUR DSL CONNECTION IS DOWN and the internet light going out.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It may have been caused by some Planned Maintenance in your area overnight last night:
Maintenance Reference: PW238104
Start:     08/05/2014 02:00
Cleared: 08/05/2014 06:00
Duration: 4 Hours
Message: Total outage while line cards reload new code. Upgrade is designed to minimise down time by upgrading seperately the SRP cards.