cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping and turning of and on

Haylz88
Dabbler

Connection keeps dropping and turning of and on

I have tried all the usual things but it is getting very frustrating.
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Connection keeps dropping and turning of and on

@Haylz88 I'm afraid that's not very informative. What connection, for starters?

John
JoJo1
Hooked

The lights in our plusnet hub for the broadband keep going to red it then goes through the whole set up and turns blue again but then after about 5 mins goes back to red. It has been doing this now for an hour or so. We are based in Powmill Fk147np.
jab1
Legend

@JoJo1 Please do not hijack another posters thread - it makes it very hard to follow and help either of you. Please start your own,

John
Haylz88
Dabbler

Sorry, so the connection for internet on tv upstairs and downstairs keeos dropping. Theb thr Internet light goes of and broadband keeps light keeps flashing. I have followed all the steps that plusnet have said to do.
jab1
Legend

OK, @Haylz88 so, you've followed instructions from PN support, but as I am only a customer like you, and you haven't detailed what those steps were, or what your computer was doing at the time, all I can do is offer my standard response, which may, or may not resolve your issue.

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

If you decide to also post on the Twitter/Facebook accounts and get a response from there, please come back here and say so.

John
Haylz88
Dabbler

I dont have a phone so cant check phoneline. So frustrating you can't actually speak to members of staff. I have no idea what i am doing, i am doing everything from a mobile phone as dont have a laptop. We only use broadband for netlfix and youtube on tv and my little ones tabket that is only used for home school. If any member of staff to reply to this please to check the line or assist please!