cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection is always bad or off!

FIXED
Beckyw

Connection is always bad or off!

I’ve always had problems with PN it’s either my line or something else most recent one was the actual plug inside the house which this got sorted apparently! I’m literally paying for nothing at all I can never use my wifi for anything it’s becoming such a joke I’m paying to have problems!
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Connection is always bad or off!

@Beckyw , a little more detail is required if you want either the Community or Plusnet to help you. First off - you have posted on the ADSL board - are you actually on an ADSL connection,  or is it FTTC?

Looking at your only other Topic on here - back in March - you say you are on ADSL - in which case I will post my ADSL help notes.

If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.Sight of the HelpDesk page, under the Troubleshooting tab on your router homepage - with personal information redacted - is very useful.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

It may be an idea to also report your lines capabilities - please post your results from THIS site, but ensure your phone number is obscured/hidden.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
Beckyw

Yes I’m on adsl I don’t have a landline phone just the broadband so unsure how I would do the test when the man came out to fix the problem last time he said it’s all done there shouldn’t be anymore problems and I’m having to use my data off my phone to access the internet on a daily basis the lights are always flickering and the internet light is very dim and when trying to access internet through wifi it says “please connect to the internet”
jab1
Legend

OK, you are on ADSL - which modem/router are you using? Some replies to my posted 'Help' would also be useful - unfortunately without some data to work from we are a little hamstrung.

John
jab1
Legend

Fix

@Beckyw IF you are still following this, I have another suggestion - try resetting your modem/router - push a paper-clip or similar into the reset hole on the back of the unit, keep the switch closed for at least 30 seconds, then wait 10 minutes or so for the router  to reconfigure then try the connection again to see if the situation has  improved.

John
Beckyw

I have tried pushing a paper clip into the small hole and this helped for maximum of 10 minutes the lights are constantly flickering and the internet light is not on at all
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Beckyw

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing what's known as a high resistance problem on the line. I've raised a fault to our suppliers and we'll provide an update as soon as we know more, this should be within 3 working days. 

We'll update via the support ticket I've created on your account Here.

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Beckyw OK - there is obviously a fault somewhere in the BT network. I suggest, therefore, that you report a fault at  https://www.plus.net/

Edit - @Gandalf beat me to it. 😀

John