cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection intermittently dropping

gregdenness

Connection intermittently dropping

Hi,
I've been using plusnet for a couple of years no problem, I have a pretty expensive Netgear nighthawk router and it's plugged into the master phone socket.

Recently in the last few weeks my connect seems to be dropping out, only for a few seconds but enough to be really annoying. When I say drop out i mean the light on the router which says the internet is connected goes red for about 20 seconds and then it comes back again. This has been fine for about 2 years til now.

Is there any way of plusnet support checking my connection history from that end to see if there have been any drop outs or if there's a problem with my line?

Thanks,
Greg
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Connection intermittently dropping

Hiya Greg.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

We're definitely seeing a lot of drops over the past 30 days and line tests are showing a potential external fault "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report" so I've raised this with our suppliers now and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gregdenness

Hi, wow yeah that explains a lot... looks like there's a definite issue there! Do you know how long this is likely going to take to get resolved? Like are we talking days, weeks or months?

Thanks,
Greg
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I certainly hope it doesn't take weeks or months, but sadly it's not uncommon.

I'd expect an engineer to go out to further investigate within the next few days. Fingers crossed they find something wrong they can fix quickly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet