cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection grinding to a halt today

geehawk
Rising Star

Connection grinding to a halt today

I don't usually get great speeds (4.26mbps max) but it's usable with the occasion slowdown to 2ish.

Today however it has been ridiculously slow. 0.06 was the slowest I could measure before speed tests refused to run. In between whiles I have appeared to have no connection at all.

I have tried a different router, the master/test socket (I have no extensions in the house), swapped filters, rebooted everything multiple times but all to no avail.

It just keep grinding to a halt .... I'm pretty sure it will have dropped again before I can finish typing this. Edit: I was wrong, reeeeeeeeally slow though.

I did try the Broadband trouble shooter whilst testing things but not sure if it all went through or not as was via my phone.

Oh and BT speedtest keep crashing with a #2032 error (IIRC)

Any one able to shed any light on this for me?

2 REPLIES 2
geehawk
Rising Star

Re: Connection grinding to a halt today

Finally got a BT speedtest to run fully.

broadband test1.jpg

How is it deducing the acceptable range is 0.05-0.25 ... I can't imagine that would be acceptable to anyone. Certainly it's far less than the over 4 I've been used to for most of the past 12 months ....

geehawk
Rising Star

Re: Connection grinding to a halt today

Anyone?
Phone support is from the ice age, web chat unavailable (not that I could use it on my mobile) no internet connection overnight or this morning.
I suspect nothing will happen today so that means no access all weekend at least ....
Serious deja vu here from my last issue that took days to apply a 10 minute fix.