Did you mean: 

Connection goes down and resets all the time

FIXED
Brucie-Magik
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Connection goes down and resets all the time

Hi folks.

I'm really really annoyed. I've moved house to an area where only the openreach network exists and I've signed with Plusnet as I've heard good stuff about them, however so far the connection is abysmal, torrid and absolutely horrific.

During the mornings and day the internet seems fine on the laptop (wifi) and the mobile phones (wifi) however at night, I start my computer up which uses powerline adapters and the whole thing just dies. I go green to blue then flashing orange, rinse and repeat and it's getting tiresome. Really really tiresome and I've only had the service for two days.

We have followed the guide correctly to the absolute Nth degree, I've factory rest the hub twice and 're set it up and it's still not playing ball.

And now the ruddy phone line has a permanent engaged tone to it.

Not happy with this and I hope that this is indeed fixed with swiftness, so far apart from the pleasant people I called when signing up, I've not had a great impression and I want this to change as I would like to stay as a customer after hearing such good stuff from close friends about the company.

For the record stuff we have done:
- checked all wired connections, everything is where it should be.
-hub reset and factory reset to see of it fixes issue to no avail.
-integrity of the cables and powerline adapters has been checked to the best of my ability.
-a ticket has been raised online.

I know there are limitations to what can actually happen and how quick, that I do accept, but I do hope that this is adequately fixed in good time. I can't even communicate with my friends on voice chats online on my desktop and that's really a low amount of bandwidth. If I can't even load Facebook or YouTube on my pc or any other device whilst this issue is going on then it isn't that great.

I'm sorry I'm very very annoyed. But I did truly expect it to go smooth from the get go.
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Connection goes down and resets all the time

Brucie-Magik
Hooked

Not to sound rude or anything,

But that's a bit obvious and I have done or attempted 3 out of 5 things already last night, of course I hit a stumbling block as the chat wasn't open as they were done for the night. I gave up after posting here as it was quite late.

I shall persevere and try again though.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If your phone line is not working or is noisy, then that needs to be fixed first.

Brucie-Magik
Hooked

Hello Mustrum, 

firstly, awesome pic, I love captain Sensible and the Damned! 

Secondly, I raised a ticket last night online (through my phone) with Technical support, they have been in touch this morning and say there's no issues with the phone line but they did say some further investigatory work my be required. 

Since my reply a short time ago, I have done some digging about and Racking my brains and so far the only issue i can now find (With PN being ruled out) is the Powerline adapters themselves. they are 5 years old at the very least and trying to get the right support downloads for them is a pain in the bum (Damn you TP-Link). 

as a result, I have purchased some new Powerline adapters and shall be receiving them tomorrow. I shall await the arrival of those and see if that fixes the problem. It does seem that elsewhere on the internet several people have criticisms of TP-link products which cause problems interacting with other Broadband equipment in their house. 

So it shall be interesting to see how things go. 

In the mean time my connection is stabling out, after the resets and suchforth, the connection speed did drop, as it would do and as I would expect, so for now I have a comfortable and stable Wifi connection on Both channels. 

Needless to say I'm a bit more relaxed about it now! 

thanks for the responses so far.

Brucie-Magik
Hooked

Fix

Ok update to the situation. Wifi is strong throughout, no issues at all, 

bought some BT Powerline adapters, plugged them in and so far so good, no issues at all. Extremely surprising to say the least. Tested the speeds as well and I'm getting the full whack from the router even with some additional load from other devices over Wifi. 

it seems that the real issue to all of this was the TP-Link Powerline adapters I had. The only thing I can truly say to anyone who wants ease of operation with no faff, true plug and play compatibility is to not use TP-Link adapters of any kind. Go with BT ones or other reputable brands to save the hassle and faff. From what I have garnered on the internet etc, people who have TP-Link products have various hassles with the products interacting with various ISP hubs. seems that whilst they are somewhat affordable, they can give a lot of gib if you are like me and just want, plug it in, turn it on and away you go (let's be honest in this day and age of technology that should be the case). 

To be fair to plusnet, they did check the line and a bit more to check everything and that I do appreciate, I cannot say enough how greatful I am. I retract my previous unhappiness with the service, we narrowed it down in the house to the (what we thought) least likeliest thing to cause an issue. 

Thanks for an input though folks, I can say that for now this is fixed!