cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

gringojesus
Dabbler
Posts: 14
Registered: 27-01-2013

Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Hello
I am using the Technocolor TG582n wireless router. The Xbox has a wired connection to the Router. Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live to install the latest update my connection drops and the internet indicator on the router turns red. I then have to reset the router before i can use the internet again. I have no issues using either the Playsation Networ (wired connection) or the Nintendo network (wireless connection).
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Posts: 12,994
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 46
Registered: 27-04-2007

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

@gringojesus

Sorry to hear about this. It's an unusual issue. I'm going to flag this with our products team.
I'm just wondering in the meantime if your router and Xbox are connected to the same power supply/power adapter perhaps?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mathias
Grafter
Posts: 242
Registered: 21-08-2008

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Are you using powerline adapters or just an ethernet cable? Should not be happening over ethernet, but I had some powerline adapters that kept dropping my xbox live connection and had to return them.
gringojesus
Dabbler
Posts: 14
Registered: 27-01-2013

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@gringojesus

Sorry to hear about this. It's an unusual issue. I'm going to flag this with our products team.
I'm just wondering in the meantime if your router and Xbox are connected to the same power supply/power adapter perhaps?

No the router has its own socket. I've had issues with Xbox live previously that just kinda resolved themselves (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114661.0/topicseen.html), but i rarely game online on the Xbox so its not something that has affected me much. However I'm currently unable to download the latest update as the router keeps cutting out during the download.
gringojesus
Dabbler
Posts: 14
Registered: 27-01-2013

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Quote from: Mathias
Are you using powerline adapters or just an ethernet cable? Should not be happening over ethernet, but I had some powerline adapters that kept dropping my xbox live connection and had to return them.

Its connected via ethernet.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Posts: 6,346
Thanks: 31
Fixes: 5
Registered: 26-11-2011

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Hi gringojesus,
I've just placed an order to remove the cap for your upload, which I'm hoping may help. If it doesn't, I'd like to try moving your SNR Target from 3db to 6db to see if that's causing a potential issue, if you're happy with that?
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
gringojesus
Dabbler
Posts: 14
Registered: 27-01-2013

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Quote from: Chris
Hi gringojesus,
I've just placed an order to remove the cap for your upload, which I'm hoping may help. If it doesn't, I'd like to try moving your SNR Target from 3db to 6db to see if that's causing a potential issue, if you're happy with that?

Hi Chris
Not sure what any of that means but yes please try it if you think it will help. I've tried connecting again today and having the same issue  so any changes that have been made up to now havent had an effect. I'm going to try manually updating the Xbox dashboard and see if that helps.
Thanks!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Posts: 6,346
Thanks: 31
Fixes: 5
Registered: 26-11-2011

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Hi,
I've moved your SNR from 3db to 6db. Let me know if that improves things for you.
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
gringojesus
Dabbler
Posts: 14
Registered: 27-01-2013

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Quote from: Chris
Hi,
I've moved your SNR from 3db to 6db. Let me know if that improves things for you.

Hi Chris
Unfortunately that hasnt helped. I've updated the Xbox via usb to the latest version, but I still cant connect to Xbox Live as the router has connection issues as soon as I try.
Thanks
Community Veteran
Posts: 6,824
Thanks: 1
Registered: 27-10-2012

Re: Connection drops whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live

Can you post your router stats (you can find them on your router admin page)?