cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops like hell since April, now I can't even visit Google or using google search

chenrong
Dabbler

Connection drops like hell since April, now I can't even visit Google or using google search

The only solution Plusnet provided was repeating that useless procedure so that I can't get a deadlock letter from it.

5 BT engineers have been sent over 10 weeks time and eventually I was tired and sick and have to close the question I raised. I am asking for a full refund for the period since April, but I guess no one here would care about what I am asking.

So yes, you win, you successfully forced me to leave.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection drops like hell since April, now I can't even visit Google or using google search

Hi and sorry to hear you want to leave due to this.

I can see from the notes on your account that the issue did become protracted. However the last fault investigation was closed on 5/6/16 with us advising that we noticed.

"I have tested your line and found that there is excessive data being transferred on your upload stream. This is not a cap that has been applied its the bandwidth being consumed by something such as high definition streaming (multiple sources) file sharing programs or cloud backup (being the most common 3 things). If your upload is maxed out then information requests will struggle to leave your router to the outside world and the small data packets used to confirm data has been received will not be sent to the outside server making it look like speed problems. This will therefore cause speed delays or even terminations preventing access altogether.

If you close down whatever is causing the problem eg. Vuze, BitTorrent, KnowHowCloud, Cloud Sync for example and re-run the speedtest you should fine that the speed increases to its normal level."

Please let us know if you have been able to look at this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chenrong
Dabbler

Re: Connection drops like hell since April, now I can't even visit Google or using google search

like I said, after that many engineers being sent, I am tired and sick spending more time on this. The connection drops several time in a day is better than drops several times in an hour. You can see how many times I replied to that ticket because the situation was worse after you "fixed" it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, you haven't replied since the message I've mentioned.

Have you been able to make sure the upstream isn't being pushed to it's limits? I ask as we believe this was causing your issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team