cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops constantly

Eric83
Dabbler

Re: Connection drops constantly

Set the new plusnet router up, no immediate improvement to download speed, it's still 0.45Mbps.
Phone calls to friends and family using a wired phone plugged into the test plug under the face of the master phone socket via a brand new micro filter are crackly, person on the other end of the phone can hear crackling too.
It seems I've had disconnects already this evening judging by the flashing broadband light on the new router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are calls still crackly if you plug the wired phone direct in to the test socket without a filter? It would also be good if you could test with a second telephone handset.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Any audible crackling / poping / snake hissing is a phone line fault, intermittent it maybe but it needs fixed or it will keep clearing up and coming back..  So book a BT visit and make sure the engineer physically tests from your house to the pole, the pole to the cabinet and finally cabinet to the exchange.
They rely on a  machine to do those tests while in your house and are reluctant to actually go to the pole/cabinet as it takes time.
Currently in the same situation and had the same earlier in the year, now have a hissy line waiting on the BT engineer this Monday
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Eric83
Dabbler

That's what I suspected all along.
Time to advise of my 3 preferred appointment times again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

There's no indication on the fault notes that an engineer may be needed but that may change.
We've been advised that a response should be received by the end of the day on 14/11 but our faults team should be in touch when we have an update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Eric83
Dabbler

So, an engineer came to my house, used the master socket and ran some tests this afternoon and finished by saying "that's the fault on your line fixed, goodbye" Fantastic I thought.
This evening I see zero improvement to my connection speed, getting 0.4Mbps download speeds at best Cry
Can anyone give me a diagnosis from the screenshots attached?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suspect your connection is banded so until that is removed you won't see faster speeds even if the engineer has fixed the fault. Plusnet will have to ask for the banding to be removed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Eric83
Dabbler

I despair.
Whatever fault has been fixed by the engineer who came round yesterday has not got rid of the noise on my phone.
Lots of crackling again this evening audible to me and confirmed by the plusnet technical support person receiving the call.
0.2Mbps download speeds and dropped connections for 5 minutes at a time.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved following the recent engineers visit.
I'll get this picked up for you first thing in the morning and I'll be in touch.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see that you have been back in touch with our Telephone Faults Team and they have passed this issue back over to our suppliers. We should have a further update for you shortly.