cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops: Disconnected by peer?

Razer
Grafter

Connection drops: Disconnected by peer?

My connection just dropped a couple of minutes ago. I logged into the router and under the broadband section it stated 'Disconnected by peer'. What does this mean? Does it mean someone else disconnected me (PN maybe?).
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Connection drops: Disconnected by peer?

Hi there, looking at your connection logs it looks like that was related to the IP profile updating.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Adam beat me to it.  I had written:
If your router connects at a new download rate, your BT IP Profile changes immediately to match the new rate but your Plusnet Profile can take several days to catch up.  When it does, Plusnet will drop and re-establish the PPP session.  For practical purposes this manifests as a short loss of your internet connection.  Perhaps that is what you experienced? 
Razer
Grafter

Um, ok, I guess that's a good thing. I've just done a speed test on bt wholesale and got a DL of 21+ which is very good (never had 21+ before on this line). I had been having lows of 11+ and 14+ in the last couple of days, far away from my usual 18/19+ and despite a synch of 23,000+. So I guess it looks good.
Thanks for the explanation of what the term means.
EDIT: Just have to add, it didn't re-establish the connection. It retried for a short while and then just gave up. I re-established it myself.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team