cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping in school holidays

cyclome

Connection dropping in school holidays

I am fed up with losing my internet connection in  the school holidays and at the week-end.  I have been through the help desk several times to try and improve my connection but still have problems.  Is there no way Plusnet traffic management can ensure we all get some connection, even if it is slow?  I do not need fast speeds but I want reliability.  When speeds were about 2MB, this was enough for me and the connection did not drop out.  Since moving to the upgraded ADSL, reliability has been abysmal at school holidays and week ends.  I do not want to upgrade to FTTC because I have no need for the faster speeds.  I just want to be able to be able to check my emails, do my banking and browse the web when I want to.
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Connection dropping in school holidays

Do you mean the internet disconnects, or it's going slow so you can't use it?
The connection itself looks quite stable, but if it's a speed issue, we can look into this. I just need to confirm if you've tried a wired connection at any time and if the issues remain?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
cyclome

It tends to be the former.  We do not use wi-fi for our main pcs as we found this gave a poor connection: one pc is wired in; the other uses the electricity mains.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for confirming that.
If you can run through our troubleshooter using the link below we'll get this looked into
http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team