cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping between 18:45 & 19: 15 everyday why?

Rik-

Connection dropping between 18:45 & 19: 15 everyday why?

no matter how long or how short a time my computer has been on (I have an adsl broadband line
connected thro a voyager 105 usb modem)
every day between 18:45 and 19:15 my broadband drops.
Before it drops the connection is usually 4. 4mbs to 4.6 mbs
when i reconnect the speed is always 3.4mbs to 3.8 mbs.
Does anyone know why this is please? 
especially as i am on acclaims 9dragons about this time and invariably end up dieing and losing xp
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Connection dropping between 18:45 & 19: 15 everyday why?

Hi Rik,
Sorry to hear you're having a spot of bother.
What normally causes this is something that causes RF interference that is turning on at this time.  This could be anything from streetlights or your central heating going on, to the ridiculous levels of Christmas lights.
It's always an idea to make sure that you're getting the best quality signal to your Voyager 105, buy ensuring that it is plugged into the master socket by a filter and also to try changing that filter incase it is partially faulty.
Rik-

thank you jameseh will try your suggestions, my central heating hot water usually kicks in at 7pm so will try altering that to kick in at a later time and change my phone filter.
Rik-
James
Grafter

Hi Rik,
It definitely sounds like the heating could well be the cause.
I'm quite lucky that I don't have that kind of problem in addition to the fact that my water heating is only on from 0600-0700 every day Smiley
Rik-

Well altered the hot water to come on at 7:30 pm
changed the splitter and got a speed of 3.2mbs
at exactly 7:15 pm the connection dropped so it doesn't seem to be either of those that are the problem also the speed has dropped considerably with a different splitter hoping that it will increase over the next few days
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

It's odd that it's exactly that time every day, but I'm pretty sure it's some outside interference as James mentioned.
What time do the streetlights come on in your area? Do you have any other appliances set to come on at a specific time?
If you are in a semi-detached, two-up-two-down, etc kind of building then do you know if any of your neighbours having anything set to come on at that time? It's a long shot, but if they have something that switches on close to your equipment this may be a cause also.
Rik-

Thank you Mike,
as a matter of fact I do live in a semi will try and find out if the guy living next door has anything coming on at that time.
we are out in the country although i'm on a main road and the nearest light is about 100 yds away wouldn't think that the problem is there.
thanks again for you suggestion.
Rik-
Danglese
Grafter

Hi, just wanted to say that I had a similar problem for a very long time, and what was causing disconnects was my old fridge thermostat..it even disturbed the tv picture. I bought a new fridge, no more disconnects.I understand that it's probably not your fridge as thermostats are random, but switch on tv, listen to phone line and try to figure out what is causing the interference..good luck.