cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection check

KaotiK
Grafter

Connection check

Can someone check to see if everything is ok on my net, ive been gettng high ping in certain niche games, But fine in others and its really random and frustrating i dont get it generally my ping is 20ms, on teamspeak etc etc all the time, but for example, dota 2 unranked games, low ping... ranked games high ping. Destiny constantly bad ping. CSGO, low ping,. I dont get it? is there something going wrong somewhere? I consider paying for the pro add-on but i dont want to do that if its not gonna make a any difference.. Also i feel my speed (5mb) is way to low for how close i am to the exchange, surely i should be getting 6+ at least.
All help is appreciated!
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection check

Testing your line shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

20CN line
Loop loss 15
SNR Margin 10
Speed 6496
I'd expect with that loop loss for you to be getting full sync at 8128, so I'm going to perform a line reset to try and sort that out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KaotiK
Grafter

Ok thank you, what about the ping issues? will the pro addon, plus the max premium addon for the upload help/sort the issues? I really cant understand it? With console gaming alot of it is P2P im  guessing which is throttled right? and with my poor upload it could effect it? however i really dont understand the pc gaming issues!
Chris
Legend

There is no throttling or rate limits on the current products, so Pro shouldn't make a difference to your pings.
Your upload could certainly be causing an issue if you're maxing that our at the same time as trying to do other things on the connection. Make sure nothing else is running when you're gaming that may be uploading.
Max Premium is an option, this will increase the upload sync from 448 to 832 at a cost of £7.83 per month.
KaotiK
Grafter

Nothing is uploading while i game.. so cant see why. Also whats the answer to this ping problem then if nothing is throttled? Like what do i do? Sad
KaotiK
Grafter

Ok its even worse tonight, 300ms on dota servers... teh hell is going on man.
KaotiK
Grafter

Its on every game.. constant high ping. and now its the weekend i prob wont get any help with this. this has happened the last few days something is going on!
This is bothering me so much as i use my internet to game most of the time. I will just find a new ISP, if i am on a contract how long do i have left? although it sucks id have to buy it out even though theres issues.
KaotiK
Grafter

Ive asked around see if people with plusnet have the same problem, here is two peoples replies:
"OP i was having the same issues as you on my ADSL connection,keep pestering them to reset your line or reroute your traffic till it works properly.Took me 9 months to get BT to sort mine out  All my gaming traffic was getting routed through Europe for some inexplicable reason."
"My experience is different with pn for gaming. Their routing causes latency problems in fps gaming."
so its something your end somewhere guys, can someone PLEASE help and sort this out for me!!!
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Since i have been with Plusnet my pings have never been better, With BT my pings at the best of times were around 50ms, with Sky 30ms and Plusnet my pings are around 15ms. And i was on Fast Path with all 3 ISP's.
What is your upload speed?
KaotiK
Grafter

Its like 350-400kb/s. Ive never had a problem though up until the past few weeks.. just want it sorted but getting nowhere.