Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection and Speed Problems

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Connection and Speed Problems

@jelv

What the hell are you talking about? @arpy only has this one thread, and plenty of the information in this thread clearly states WBC / ADSL2+!

The profile info from Chris:

WBC 576K - 1M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Do you think arpy and estacado are the same person?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Apologies - I'd got confused by the be the intervention of estacado whose topic I'd only looked at shortly before.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
estacado
Dabbler

Also my apologies for the confusion, we seem to have very different problems although BT working at arpys cabinet could be a link as they could have disturbed the wires for your line either loosening the connection or worse still fracturing the copper causing the drop in speed to compensate for the degradation. This could be a red herring but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an engineer given the circumstances and assuming all the regular user checks have been done.
arpy
Hooked

No need for the apologies everyone, I'm grateful for the help.

I do find it too much of a coincidence that all my woes have started after the roll out of FTTC in our area. Shame that in their haste to roll out the new technology they are disrupting the 'old' one.

My intention, once I'm back up to my usual 4Mb/s download 0.9Mb/s upload speeds, is to disable the ASUS router's Dynamic Line Adjustment feature and 'lock' it to ADSL2+ however I fear that if the problem is down to activity at the cabinet in the street changes at my end won't make any difference.