cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection a night then day.

Anonymous4

Connection a night then day.

Hi have just come here to ask for some help.

I've been getting problems with my internet connection in the evening starting about 6 pm where my internet connection suddenly times out for 10-15 seconds but in the day its perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any solution to this?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Connection a night then day.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I had a similar "on time" evening cut out problem several years ago.

I tracked it down to a nearby building site where a local pub was being knocked down and turned into a uni car park. Telephone cables had been diverted and hung right across the site. In the evening a generator started up powering the sites bright lights.

After a few weeks the site was cleared as was the connection drop out.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@Anonymous4 wrote:

I've been getting problems with my internet connection in the evening starting about 6 pm where my internet connection suddenly times out for 10-15 seconds but in the day its perfectly fine.

I had something simillar, internet dropping, eventually figured out it was when the TV was on.

The TV psu brick was emitting a lot of interference wiping out broadband. A new psu brick fixed the problem.

Is anything turned on at 6 pm?

A friend also had similkar issues which were caused by the local shops security cameras. The night time IR lights were automatically coming on drawing more power from the power supply.  They affected the BB to several houses. It took weeks to locate the problem 😞

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It does sound like this may be WiFi related, because the actual connection is pretty stable:

I'd recommend going through wireless troubleshooting here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Checking your line the connection itself isn't dropping out, so this may be wifi causing the issue. Next time you see a dropout, try a wired device and see if you're experiencing the same issues please.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.