cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timing Out After Few Mins

lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Connection Timing Out After Few Mins

In that case I suspect this is a router issue.  Are there any firmware updates available from Asus?  Do you have an alternative router to test with?
seanwinf
Dabbler

there is updates but cant download them because it times out. iam going to have to find another router to try, only have a cable router spare
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Once upon a time, people used "download manager" programs, which were capable of continuing interrupted downloads from however far they got up to.
seanwinf
Dabbler

i phoned plusnet customer support and thats what i was advised to do get a download manager but i cant download anything ive just struggled to send an email because of it dropping
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It might seem a silly suggestion but have you checked whather the router has the connection set to 'always on' rather than 'on demand' (exact terminology may vary), if this setting is available it will be be under something like 'connection settings', 'WAN settings' or similar.  I have certainly known some routers to drop out during downloading of single files if set to 'on demand' (usually also with an 'idle time' setting) as they seem to see no NEW activity and think they've gone idle even with traffic actively flowing.
Sorry if I'm competely off-track but might just be worth a look
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
lexusuk
Grafter

To check the "Idle Timeout / Always On" setting is a good idea.
I still strongly recommend that you test with another router.
seanwinf
Dabbler

Just checked its set to always on but under that setting it says idle time then 20 mins in the box, ive changed it to 60 and gonna try it now after a restart
seanwinf
Dabbler

problam solved i think, was a spi setting on the router, theres some posts about it on google which i found, thanks for all the help anyway
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

So glad you found the culprit.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
lexusuk
Grafter

And thanks for posting the solution.  No doubt this will help someone out in the future!
Care to elaborate on which settings you changed?