cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timing Out After Few Mins

seanwinf
Dabbler

Connection Timing Out After Few Mins

Iam on plusnet value with the pro add on but everytime i try and download anything it just times out? been trying to download the new software for my phone from samsung and the most its got to is 53% then times out? phoned customer service they said try the pro add on but still not doing anything!!
24 REPLIES 24
seanwinf
Dabbler

Re: Connection Timing Out After Few Mins

also notice its normal web pages that drop refresh or if i click something it dont respond first time. got a brand new asus router, and tried 2 different filters all the same from what i can see
seanwinf
Dabbler

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3123 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.

Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The results from the speedtest look to be OK.
Are you trying to do the software download over wireless? And what operating system is on your PC?
David
seanwinf
Dabbler

ive tried over wireless and wired still the same, i have also tried windows 7 but now back on vista and still the same, ive been trying to update windows aswell and just times out! so not the software
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

You should look at your router stats and see how long the connection has been "up".  If your broadband connection is dropping-out frequently then the download may well time-out before the router can re-establish it.   
seanwinf
Dabbler

thats whats happening, the connection is dropping so timing out the download or stream, my up time is constant.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Yes, but there are various points at which the connection could drop.  Your router should be able to tell you how long it has been powered-up and how long it is since it last re-established the internet connection.  That will tell you whether what is dropping is the broadband connection to your router or the connection between your router and your computer.   
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi seanwinf,
There are a few disconnections around the time of your first post, but since then it seems to have stabilised. What are you seeing at your end now?
Jojo Smiley
seanwinf
Dabbler

think those are from where i have tried turning off, its still doing the same thing, just keeps timing out
seanwinf
Dabbler

Dont know if this helps or not?
lexusuk
Grafter

From our line tests and connection logs we aren't seeing any issues with your connection at the moment that would result in these time outs.  You are connected stable at just over 4Mbps.
My suggestion would be to test your line with another machine if possible or test your current machine on another broadband connection to ensure the issue is not related to your computer.
seanwinf
Dabbler

cant be my computer because ive reinstalled windows, tried it on windows 7 and vista and still doing the same, could there be a setting on my router thats making it do it? i did a factory reset last nite and still the same after that
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is it a wireless connection between your router and PC, and if so could it be that that's dropping?
seanwinf
Dabbler

its wireless and wired, happening on both