cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problem

Castline

Connection Problem

Since monday the 22nd our connection has been completely unusable from 11am in the morning. It's fine from 9am when we start till then but we are unable to do any browsing at all or recieve email from 11am onwards which is very frustrating. I realise that we have just gone over the off peak usage limit of 50gb, but surely this should result in our bandwidth being throttled, not cut off completely and the times don't seem to relate to the off peak cutoff. We seem to be still connected from 11am, although it seems to drop regularly, but no pages or email will load.
We've been with plusnet for the last 4 years and are still on an old package (ADSL self install netstart?), which i can't find any info on, so i'm unaware of what limits we're restricted to and wether or not we are on different off peak/peak times to the current ones? Is it correct that we can't use the internet at all once the off peak limit is reached?
Any light anyone could shed on this would be great, thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Connection Problem

Looking at your connection logs, there have been a very high number of dropped connections recently which will be why you are seeing the issues getting online. IIRC Netstart is a legacy business product and is very similar to Small Business Premier which we currently offer.
I'd suggest trying a different filter and making sure your router is in the master socket, if the connection continues to drop then raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net following the troubleshooting steps on there as you go. We'll then pick this up and get some tests run on the line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Castline

Thanks for the quick reply.
It's odd that it's only a problem after 11am (no idea what time it corrects since we're only usually here 9-5) and goes straight from fine to nothing for the rest of the day. Our ADSL is terminated at the master socket after a problem with the line a few years ago so thats the only place we can plug the router in. I'll complete the fault ticket now i know it's not a throttling problem and go from there.
Cheers.
zubel
Community Veteran

There may be a localised source of interference somewhere between you and your telephone exchange which kicks off at 11am and causes speed/disconnection problems.
As Chris says though, definately raise a fault and PN can get it looked at.
B.