cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Lottery

TDK
Dabbler

Connection Lottery

I've been having issues with very slow, or sometime non-existent, webpage load times, inability to collect email, etc over the past day or two.
At first I thought it might be a DNS issue, but after trying several different DNS servers, including Google, etc. I don't think DNS is the problem.  I've found that I need to force my router to reconnect and it's only when I get a 141.x.x.x or 146.x.x.x IP that the problems disappear.
Just this morning I've had to reset the connection 8 times before getting a 146.200.62.x IP on the ptw-bng01 gateway which actually works, although this has other problems as that IP range is still registered to a location in the US (as mentioned in another thread) and this gives me problems with geo-location sensitive services, which I use extensively.
I'm wondering if this is a gateway issue with assigned IP ranges?
I had been considering switching to a fixed IP as I'm going to need regular inbound services to a couple of servers I run, but with these connection issues I'm reluctant to request that until I'm confident I'm not going to end up with an IP and gateway that's not going to work!