cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Drops

Seamo
Dabbler

Connection Drops

Hi all, I have noticed that my connection drops out around once a day/every other day. If I leave the router alone and watch it the lights go out then come back on. the red internet light comes on for 30 seconds and then it goes green and all is well again. The whole reboot takes around 5 mins.
Just wanted to ask is this normal. Also it could be happening more frequently but I would not notice cause I am not on the internet all the time.

Simon
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Connection Drops

HI Seamo,
do all the lights go out on your router?
Jojo Smiley
Seamo
Dabbler

No just the dsl and internet lights. The wireless light may have also gone off not sure, did not notice. The ethernet lights stayed on.
Its a d-link 2640 router.
Seamo
Dabbler

Just happened again 10 mins ago.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Seamo,
I see there have been a few disconnections. If these aren't intentional I would have a look here for some tips on how to troubleshoot it.

Jojo Smiley
Seamo
Dabbler

Hi Jo,
thanks for the prompt reply. The link you gave me said one of the causes could be the telephone line and our telephone is still with virgin (it gets swapped over to you guys tommorow) so I think that may be causing the disconnections as we have had nothing but problems with the phone since swapping to them.
I will monitor it for now and see if it gets any better once our phone line is with plusnet.
Again thanks for the help Jo.

Simon
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Simon, let me know if you need any more assistance.
Jojo Smiley