cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dropping

caitblick
Grafter

Connection Dropping

About every six months we seem to have this issue so I guess it's rolled around again.

I've noticed at times the connection on my mobile phone seems to be very slow but put that down to my phone rather than our connection in the house, however recently I've noticed when I'm on my laptop the connection keeps dropping off entirely.

This evening I removed the wifi connection in its entirety from the laptop and set it up again and it took three or four attempts before I could actually connect. All the lights on the router seem to be doing what they should, the connection just keeps dropping out.

Normally when this happens, I post on here, someone does some check in the background that shows the line is doing something it shouldn't, something gets reset and after a day or two all goes back to normal until the next time it starts to play up.

Please could someone in the Plusnet Technical Wizardry Team run the check that shows whether our connection is breaking up and do whatever needs to be done to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Connection Dropping

Hi @caitblick,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. Having tested the line this evening, everything appears to be up and running as expected, with the connection currently stable and not having dropped for 19 days. As this is the case, I would recommend rebooting your router to see if this improves the stability of your Wi-Fi connections. If it doesn't please let us know and we'll be happy to take a further look into this. As a side note, if it doesn't do you have a spare router that you'd be able to set up to see if that eliminates the problem?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team