cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting wirelessly on Billion 7800N

mrees84

Connecting wirelessly on Billion 7800N

Hello
Im looking for some help in getting my Nexus 7 tablet to connect to my router. Ive been using the Technicolor router supplied by PlusNet until it started throwing a fit. I swapped to the billion i had used with my previous ADSL provider and configured it to work with my FTTC connection and via ethernet it works okay. But i cannot wirelessly, the android device hangs on either "authenticating" or "obtaining ip address".  I have checked the wireless key i have set endlessly and i have inputted it correctly and flushed then re-entered the WLAN settings on the Billion's GUI. Also i have tried to wipe the connection off the tablet and start as if entering a new connection with bohj DCHP and Static IP in the settings but still it wont connect. Any ideas please???
Thanks in advance
Matt
8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Connecting wirelessly on Billion 7800N

Matt,
From my limited experience of such matters (probelms conencting ipads & iPhones), this has all the hallmarks of the router having no DHCP addresses available.  As a test, you might care to remove the WiFi security settings.  That would allow you to confirm conenctivity without the confusion of passwords being a problem (case etc).
HTH,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Or you forgot to add the Android device to the MAC address filtering list.
mrees84

With the wireless security disabled i still cannot connect.
Matt
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Yes, but MAC address filtering is separate to wireless security, on a different config page, under "Firewall" according to the manual.
mrees84

The page you refer to shows that wirless mac filtering is disabled.
Matt
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Are you using a WiFi channel that the Nexus recognises?
Some devices won't work on 11 upwards.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mrees84

Nope the wireless is set to channel 1
Matt
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

m looking for some help in getting my Nexus 7 tablet to connect to my router

Have you tried connecting the Nexus to any other wireless network ? and did it connect ok ? it would confirm if it's a router or a Nexus 7 issue.
I've a Nexus 7 and it's connected fine to any network I've tried.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.