cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting smart tv to wireless internet

gissmo46
Dabbler

Connecting smart tv to wireless internet

I have just bought a smart tv and have been trying to connect it to the internet, i've tried entering the Key and the Password but neither seem to connect.  Which one should I be using, i've tried to connect my Wii to the internet without sucsess.  When I had BT broadband I had no trouble but plusnet doesn't seem to want to connect.  I have even tried connecting the ethernet direct but it still wont work.  Help please
5 REPLIES 5
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Connecting smart tv to wireless internet

I'd ignore wifi for the moment and concentrate getting the TV working on ethernet first.  What make is the TV?  Some Panasonic kit has problems obtaining an address from the TG582 DHCP server and needs to be configured manually.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122172.0.html
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In respect of the Wii I think it only works with WEP encryption.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

The Nintendo Wii does support WPA encryption, just to be clear on that point.
@gissmo46
The one you should be using is the Wireless Network key, it is case sensitive so make sure you're using capital letters.
Another issue could be the wireless channel being used, 12 or 13 can have problems on some devices.
That's RPM to you!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Has the support standard changed?  Mine did not - not had it out for a few years though.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Well, don't know if a system update brought support for WPA (can't find any info for this - should search better I guess) but the Wii here is connected. Also see here for the official view from Nintendo.
That's RPM to you!!