cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting hard drive to technicolor routers USB port.

ianlowe

Connecting hard drive to technicolor routers USB port.

I have a Samsung 3 TB hard drive which I have partitioned into three drives F: G: & H: and formatted to FAT 32, on connecting to the router only the first partition is mounted, the second and third partition return an error of wrong formatting. The technicolor router should mount up to 10 partitions.
Can anyone offer any help how to mount the other partitions, I have already tried reformatting the drive both in FAT 32 and NTFS.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Connecting hard drive to technicolor routers USB port.

I don't really know but have you tried formatting all the partitions as primary partitions
ianlowe

Hi Oldjim, I just formatted them to the file systems I was not aware that I could alter there state as well, I don't think that was an option on the app I used to format them.
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

AFAIK under mbr partition system only 4 primary partitions are allowed
Instead of splitting the hdd into 10 partitions, which I don't think is necessary on a pure storage device, why not just have 10 primary folders and then use them to store different data
ianlowe

Hi Oldjim, Just checked the drive partitions and they are all primary drives, would converting two to logical drives do it?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From manual it states that
All storage devices that are attached to your Thomson Gateway are listed as folders.
Re logical or primary - no it shouldn't be necessary
ianlowe

Hi Gtowen, I only have 4 primary drives including c: f: g: & h:
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I mean 4 primary partitions on your usb hard drive, I assume your c: drive will be in your computer and contains your operating system.
I have 2 x 2TB hard drives connected to my TP-LINK TD-W8970 router, both have just the one primary partition for the whole hdd, formatted to ntfs.
I then use differently named folders to store my data, such as Music, Movies, TV Series etc.
I just plugged them in, set up the router configuration and then accessed them from my computer using smb://192.168.1.1:volume(sda1) or (sdb1) and they just work Smiley
ianlowe

Just tried changing two to logical drives and they are not recognised