cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Panasonic HW220 to internet

MFM

Connecting Panasonic HW220 to internet

I have a similar problem as others - connecting a panasonic digibox (Panasonic DMR-HW220).
Read some previous postings & advice & changed to static IP as advised & it worked that day BUT when I tried to connect 24 hours later it failed to communicate with the router.  Going into the digi box network settings, network passed the first 2 checks but was advised to 'check router settings'!!
A totally non empathetic Plusnet customer (non) service rep in effect said that it was not their problem - despite the fact that my previous broadband supplier used exactly the same Technicolor TG582n router - so the only thing that had changed was the substitution of the Plusnet branded router.
So I hope that it is simply a matter of changing a setting on the Plusnet supplied router, possibly opening a port?Huh
I would appreciate advice on how/what to change whichever of the router settings for a Panasonic HW220 please?Huh
Marc
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Connecting Panasonic HW220 to internet

So I hope that it is simply a matter of changing a setting on the Plusnet supplied router, possibly opening a port?Huh
I would doubt it.
Going into the digi box network settings, network passed the first 2 checks but was advised to 'check router settings'!!
I don't have a manual for it, but I would guess that the first 2 checks are local network and gateway access, which would tend to indicate it's got a valid IP address, and then the third is Internet access. If that is a correct assumption then it sounds like the manual DNS setting isn't working correctly It's probably set to 192.168.1.254 ( the router ) , try changing it to 8.8,8.8 or 208.67.222.222

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi MFM,
Based on previous posts we've seen about networking Panasonic products I'd wager that MisterW could be correct and that the DNS configuration would be a good place to look next.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=122172.0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It would be really good to understand why these Panasonic devices don't seem to like getting an IP via DHCP from the TG582n. They're going to be much easier to set up with DHCP.
I wonder... could it be that the TG582n has got IPV6 enabled ? and that's messing up the DHCP client on the Pannys.See this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130654.0.html .
@MFM, Can you check if your TG582 has IPV6 enabled ? if so, disable it as shown in the linked thread, then try setting the HW220 back to obtain an address via DHCP and see it that works.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

murrayce

help! Total novice here. Just moved to plusnet today and my Panasonic DMR hw220 wnot connect. Tried changing ip etc as in previous posts but it still doesn't work. Plusnet help are no help 