cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting ASUS MEMO Pad

bravo

Connecting ASUS MEMO Pad

I have just purchased an Asus Memo Pad HD7 and have been setting it up and trying to connect to the internet.  I am getting a strong signal and when I select PlusNet it reads Saved, secured with WPA/WPA2 (WPS available).  It then gives 'authenticating' and then 'authentication problem' and fails to connect.  I seem to have done something wrong but I don't know what.  Can anyone help please?
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Connecting ASUS MEMO Pad

Hi,
Are you trying to connect using WPS?  Sometimes the TG routers get partway through the join handshake but does not complete the process.
Wireless connectivity is a two stage process - join the WiFi infrastructure - then get an IP address allocated to the device.  Sometimes a device gets to join the WiFi network, but for some reason they do not get the IP address allocated.  Try looking at the router management page to see if it shows the device and an IP address.  If the device is there, I've found that bouncing the router resolves the problem until it happens again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

you may have inadvertently saved the wrong password. Tell the memopad to forget the network and then try logging on again.
bravo

Thanks Both
I don't think its using WPS and I've repeated the password to no effect but it does accept it to save.
I can't find anyway of digging deeper so still struggling
Finguz
Grafter

Try the following....
Click to modify the wi-fi connection on your tablet and enter the IP address, default gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS values manually.
bravo

Thanks Finguz
The problem at the moment is I can't find a way of getting to a manual set up.  Its sometimes seems to be indicating by the icon its connected  but its not when I try to use the internet.  I shall be going to my sons shortly and see if I can connect through his BT network..  Keep you posted.
bravo

Memo pad works fine when I connect via my son's BT network (As confirmed in the shop of purchase)  The problem appears to be back in PlusNet's ball park.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Does the router indicate that the device has connected?
Have you tried restarting the router?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NedLudd
Grafter

You do know that the wifi key is case sensitive?
Geoff,
York.
bravo

Thanks for the latest suggestions.
I have now got a reply from PlusNet and problem solved.
I was confusing the PlusNet password with the PlusNet router key!!
Thanks to PlusNet and all contributors.