cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but no internet

K23

Connected but no internet

Hi anyone else constantly not having internet even though says connected. It's becoming a daily thing now 😔
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Connected but no internet

Welcome to the forums, @K23 . Are you a new customer, or has this developed recently?

John
K23

I've been a customer since August. It was doing this on a weekly basis it's now becoming almost every day.
jab1
Legend

Sorry for the late reply.

Welcome to the forums. For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites:-

BT Broadband (obscuring your phone number) andBTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jab1  Generally the "Connected no Internet" scenario is always a Wi-Fi problem where the router has an internet connection but for some reason the devices are not connecting via Wi-Fi in this case I don't think your standard diagnostics will help very much. The best test is to check with a ethernet connection to the router, if that works the Wi-Fi is to blame. Surprisingly many people have no devices with an ethernet port and rely totally on wi-fi connections.🤔

jab1
Legend

OK, @RealAleMadrid - you are probably correct, but I just wondered if anything might show. True about many not having an ethernet-enabled device, which I find scary.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting in touch @K23 and I'm sorry to see that you're having problems with your service.

We're going to need to arrange an engineer visit here, tests on the line are showing a high resistance imbalance, please respond to the open ticket on the account stating your availability, and let me know once you have, I'll get it raised. Smiley

** INTERNAL **

KBD
Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: CBUK63007664 Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 26-12-2021 13:27:00
Test Outcome: CIDT FAULT - HIGH RESISTANCE IMBALANCE DETECTED DTR: T307
Copper Test Details
  A to E B to E
Capacitance: 184 NanoFarad 183 NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 1386 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 1395 Metres
Celerity:   Line Loss: 21.33 dB
Line Stability:  
Fault Report Advised: Y
Service Level: 2
BRAGOutcome: Bad
Faceplate: Cannot Be Detected
Radius
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @K23 I can see you have added a reply on the ticket, so I have replied on there for you with some further information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Off topic...

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@jab1  Generally the "Connected no Internet" scenario is always a Wi-Fi problem where the router has an internet connection but for some reason the devices are not connecting via Wi-Fi ...

Actually it is the other way around ... there is a WiFi connection, but there is no connection to the internet.  This can happen for a number of reasons - the router has no up-link (as appears to be the case here) or (for some obscure reason) the DHCP service has not issued a usable IP address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Townman  You are quite right, my only excuse is that I have had a stinking cough and cold over the hoiidays and my brain has ceased to function in any logical way.☹️