cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion

invert456

Re: Congestion

Good evening babble,
I am aware of the Dalton in Furness exchange and will be taking another look tomorrow. When I know further details on this I shall look to update this post for you. I along with Dave work on the exchange information so we will be giving an update on there tomorrow.
Kind Regards,
Dan
invert456

Good evening babble,
Our suppliers are not immediately aware of any issues at Dalton in Furness however there is one VLAN showing over capacity. I would like to see if you are connected to this but if you are not then we can look into further diagnostics. I am unable to find your account from your community username so you provide username and I will look into this further for you.
Kind Regards
Dan
babble
Grafter

Bump

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi babble1234,
Have you seen the latest response on Ticket: 87214695 from Dan regarding the next steps?
babble
Grafter

No i was waiting on his reply here, ill nip off and take a look at it.
I checked the ticket and dan seems to think its peak times i have this problem, its not its anytime.

Ive set the TBB ping monitor up and allowed ping from internet on my router but it seems not to be working.
I need to learn to read heh.  I changed the ip to the one given and used that for the TBB BQM graphs. i then rebooted my router to pick the new ip up but still a blank chart?
babble
Grafter

Lol you should let me keep this static ip you gave me.

Made a world of difference.
Oops had kapersky on
xreyuk
Grafter

Lol, in that case, I'll take a static IP too Wink
babble
Grafter

A TBB graph over 24hrs using the ip provided.

Its chalk and cheese compared to my old ip.
dragon2611
Grafter

Hmm I'd love to see a network topolgy diagram (not that BTOR/BTW would ever disclose that)
I find it interesting that you keep refering to a VLAN being oversubsribed, but generally a VLAN is just a way of segrigating traffic on network, so either the physical links carrying that VLAN are congested or there is some kindof per VLAN rate limiting (To stop one VLAN slowing down the others on the same physical link) happening.  Shocked

babble
Grafter

My connection just dropped.  I am still on the ip provided for the test and had my best speed test yet.

I would call that a perfect line.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@dragon2611 - Would you find this useful?
<a href="https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&ved=0CHMQFjAO&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.btwholesale.com%2Fpages%2Fdownloads%2FProducts%2FIntegrated_Data_and_Connectivity%2FBTWE_Product_Handbook_Issue4.3.1(Dec10).doc&ei=cJuqU7PXO-Kc0AW15oCwBA&usg=AFQjCNGJP7iGUXhDl42uLCVBRNPAFWtFiw&sig2=Om07d-TqWtg1NqqLZigBnA&bvm=bv.69620078,d.d2k&cad=rja">BT Wholesale Ethernet Product Handbook</a>
This will download a Word Document.