cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion!!!!!!

andy020
Grafter

Congestion!!!!!!

Well, speed has gone to snail pace again tonight just asked a few friends on the same exchange and they're getting the same sped as me 800kb-1meg, so this is definately an exchange issue can BT be nofified about this issue at the exchange? it is showing as green on the plus net exchange checker website.
Router is fine, line and line stats fine, internal wireing had been replaced as a result of these speed, new rj-11 cable and filter on line.
Friends also report same lines are fine with no noise but we're all getting 800-1mb at these random speeds happen any time of day to all of us so this must be a exchange related issue, am i correct?
27 REPLIES 27
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Congestion!!!!!!

What does this say about your exchange status http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Oldjim
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

The OP has already checked...
it is showing as green on the plus net exchange checker website.
andy020
Grafter

The exchange is green as stated (Keadby) but this could just point out that if there is a VP issue BT arn't aware of it or they deem that it isn't too much of an issue to fix.. If this is the case will i be stuck with these unstable speeds? the exchange only has around 2,100+ buildings linked to it.
I also discovered the Exchange page on the check for my exchange hasn't been updated since may 11th.
There are currently no known capacity problems on your exchange. There may still be an exchange problem, however BT are not currently reporting that they are aware of it. Please contact Support if you are having speed problems, who can advise further.
Record last updated: 11 Mar 11
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI antiFX,
If you can conduct some speed tests at http://speedtester.bt.com when it's good and then when it's bad and then raise a fault we can get it looked into further. In the meantime I will email BT and get the VP double-checked to see if this is the cause.
Jojo Smiley
andy020
Grafter

So 3 tests during bad times and good? Will get on it, shall i ANSWER every question on the fault checker?
and any news from BT regarding this issue?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi antiFX,
[quote=BT email]The VP associated with your customers circuit  has been identified as  having utilisation issues.
BT Operate are investigating this VP  and looking at ways of resolving the congestion issue.
A new report will be produced on 29th April, a further update will be available upon request at this time.
I'll check again for you next week.
Jojo Smiley
andy020
Grafter

What about the fault report i made, shall i stop it? Thank you as well, i knew it had to be the exchange as i tried multiple things and ALWAYS got rubbish speeds.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI antiFX,
I'll place the fault ticket on hold and I can check it again next week and update it then.
Jojo Smiley
andy020
Grafter

Ok, thank you
EDIT: Any news regarding the issue from todays BT report?
andy020
Grafter

Replied to Faults report, any update on what BT are doing to FIX my VP issue or an apparent ETA time on a fix?, the speeds are starting to get annoying
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi antiFX,
I've emailed them again asking what action can we take to resolve it. I'll let you know once I get a reply.
Jojo Smiley
andy020
Grafter

Any news from BT yet, or will it be tomorrow?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Still no reply yet, I'll get back to you as soon as I get a reply.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi antiFX,
Just had a reply...
[quote=BT email] Hi Joanne
I have checked and this VP is currently running hot. One option would be to move your customer on to a VP that is not over utilised, however, they would be without service for 1-3 working days. Please advise if you would like to take this option.

Let me know what you think.
Jojo Smiley