cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion

babble
Grafter

Congestion

Seems the Dalton-in-furness exchange needs looking at again.

i am getting this pretty regular lately not quite this low but still.
25 REPLIES 25
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Congestion

Hi babble,
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. I've checked on our suppliers systems and they have confirmed that there is an issue with both VLANS at your Local Exchange on the FTTC side of things. We would expect this to be worked on imminently (generally within 2 working days).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So why nothing about this on http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/?
That's the point of publishing a resource like that if you don't consistently keep it updated?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've been looking at ways that we can automate the information on that page and Dave is in the process of getting the page updated today. The page will be updated on a much more frequent basis moving forward.
Doing it manually was very time consuming along with everything else we try to do, automation should help with this and keep you guys up to date.
babble
Grafter

Still no improvement.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As far as I can see, this is still being worked on by our suppliers.
babble
Grafter

Still no improvement.

Also a quick question about Quidco, when i signed up with plusnet in january i used a quidco cash back promo worth £140 it seems now to have been rejected any reasons why?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks as though engineers are still working on this issue at the moment - sorry for the delays.
With regards to Quidco, you'd need to raise this with them as they provide their advertised cashback independently.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Chris
...automation should help with this and keep you guys up to date.

Chris,
Can the page be annotated with the date / time the last automation process ran, irrespective of any change?  The most recent date on there is presently 28th May - some 12 days ago.  It is not possible to discern if that is the last reported issue and is still open or if the page has simply not been updated again.  If the page's content is stale, this great idea rather becomes a waste of effort for all concerned.
Kevin
Edited to correct auto spell / predictive text errors  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The automation relates to the back end data being collected. There is a date of when the data was last updated, just above the 'Supplier Capacity Upgrades' table.
Keep an eye on that date and that will show how up to date the information is.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Thanks Chris,
So that date also applies to the "New and on going reports" section too?
Quote from: Chris
We would expect this to be worked on imminently (generally within 2 working days).

So in respect of Fradley (it now being open for 20 days), BTOR are falling way short of PlusNet's expectations?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It depends on what the nature of the issue is. If it was something that required specific parts ordering which meant that the fix was going to take longer than expected, I wouldn't say that falls below expectations.
Don't worry we'll continue to chase issues with our suppliers and we'll post updates as regularly as possible.
babble
Grafter

Still no improvement  Crazy

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

On the off chance the exchange problem is not the only thing cause of your problem.
Have a look at the following thread, similar issue (slow avg TTB download but ok with 6 threads).
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120303.0.html
babble
Grafter

Single thread was always fine, a rock solid 73mb until these problems started.
I have always used              Vista TCP/IP patch to apply the recommended tweaks automatically it works for win 7 also.