cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion at the exchange

sully666
Grafter

Congestion at the exchange

Had the following message when I ran this test "Your test shows a variable streaming result.
This may be down congestion or other issues"
Test was done ethernet with nothing else running.
It is particularly frustrating when my dad is getting nearly 15.5 over a 25m broadband cable with EE.
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Congestion at the exchange

Our tests aren't showing any issues and there's no capacity issues reported in your area.
Was that test carried out over a wired connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sully666
Grafter

I would never do tests via WiFi  Smiley

Still slower than average in the East Midlands.
Probably disgruntled as I am on an Exchange Only line and it appears unlikely anything is being done by BT to let us have fibre  Cry
sully666
Grafter

Anyone on the team able to comment on the when Exchange only lines might get fibre.
Very disappointed so far with Plusnet and BT.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately we can't see any details regarding that I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sully666
Grafter

It's very disappointing that this information is unavailable.
A new fibre cabinet has been installed about 350 yards from my house on the main road.  I know this because it's visible on my walk to and from work. This is less than 100 yards as the crow flies from the back of the exchange.
It's a pity that Virgin never installed there cables in our area. BT might have more competition then and maybe think a bit more about there existing customers.
This seems a common theme with many companies. They reel you in with sugar coated deals. Then there is nothing given once they are getting your money.
Still less than impressed with the speed I'm getting from Plusnet, but it appears I am stuck with it as your competitors come out even worse in comparisons.