cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over IP Profle between BT & Plusnet

c0dec
Grafter

Confusion over IP Profle between BT & Plusnet

Had an engineer over this morning to reset the DLM, he did this with no issues and my sync speed was showing 78mbit, my IP profile (Plusnet) was still at 20mbit because of the issues I previously had before my line was fixed, I then rung Plusnet and had it reset to hopefully come in line with the BT sync speed, however its actually decreased my BT sync speed since the reset as seen in my attached images. Also to add even more confusion my 'Current Line Speed' as attached is showing 78mbit?! Seams as though everything between BT & Plusnet is out of sync?
I was going to ring up about this but feel as though I might confuse whoevers on the phone as its abit of a confusing mess! Tongue
Dan
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Confusion over IP Profle between BT & Plusnet

I wouldn't have thought any changes Plusnet made following your call after the engineer visit would have caused your connection to re-sync (leading to the reduced sync speed). Those changes should only have caused the PPP session to drop and reconnect.
Sadly. it looks to me like the fault you originally had has unfortunately reoccurred. Sad
David
c0dec
Grafter

The fault definitely hasn't reoccurred as my previous cable is no longer in the wall lol. The IP profile changed straight after I called Plusnet! Ive had 60-70 Mbit for a year previous so know my line is capable of holding a high profile, plus I've had my garden dug up to have new copper laid!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

When we changed your speed profile this would not have affected your IP profile as spraxyt mentioned this will only do a PPP disconnect and not a resync of your connection.
I can see we have arranged another engineer appointment to take a look at this.