cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion Over FTTC And House Move

teddman
Grafter

Confusion Over FTTC And House Move

We moved to a house a few months ago and i was able to upgrade to Plusnet's Fibre package. I took out the 2 year Contract and its been OK apart from the garbage router that was supplied and being sent the wrong router in the first place. Anyway that's not the point. Due to now having a disabled child we have having to move to a more appropriate house as obviously our needs are different, after only a few months in this house. We have found a new property and i ran a check to see what the speeds were like. This is where im confused. On Plusnet's site it says Fibre isnt available but if you check other providers sites (BT,Virgin,TalkTalk) It is. I'm now worried it isn't available and will have to fork out loads of cash to get myself back down to a ADSL+ account as i have loads left on my contract.
I am and have been a very happy customer for years and dont want to leave at all. Just need to find out whats what and how much ill be shafted to get back to an ADSL contract.
Thanks in advance
Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Confusion Over FTTC And House Move

Do you have a BT telephone number for the new house and if so what does putting it in here tell you?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you use the house move option then moving back to ADSL if fibre isn't available won't land you with massive cancellation charges but your 2 year contract continues
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml#fibreEffects
teddman
Grafter

Thanks for the quick replies. I put in the address details for the new address and it says fibre is available (WBC FFTP upto 330mb/s down 30mb/s up) I take it thats a good sign.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That explains why Plusnet aren't showing it as FTTP isn't a product yet but is a trial
So you would be able to join the trial should you wish - although it may be a commercial product by the time you move http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,68.0.html
teddman
Grafter

Awesome, thanks a lot.
I have posted in that thread and hopefully i can get in on the trial

thanks again