cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

PunKrocker
Grafter

Confused

Could a PN staff member pm me and explain what ID: 23362894 means?
I phoned this morning asking for my migration date to Plusnet, I am confused by what is in "my questions".
cheers
16 REPLIES 16
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Confused

Ticket ID maybe?
James
Grafter

Hey there,
It looks like you called in to say that you were affected by one of the P1s that we've posted on our website?
Looking at the order that we've placed on your behalf, you should be a PlusNet customer on the 16th Smiley
PunKrocker
Grafter

I'm sorry, what is a P1?
James
Grafter

Smiley
We categorise our internal problems as P1s, P2s and P3s.  A P1 is the highest priority.
You can see our current P1s oin the portal here:
http://portal.plus.net/support/service/problems/index.php?supporta=priorityproblems
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

P1 = Priority 1 problem
The highest problem level.
These are detailed here
PunKrocker
Grafter

Nope, I only asked for my date, the rest means nothing, I will need to check now as that looks nasty  Shocked
James
Grafter

They're actually not as bad as you would think.
The only concerning one in there (Broadband Phone is being worked on) is the activation fee one which has only affected one customer that we could find. The session drop happen at the weekend and is still a P1 for monitoring purposes.
I'm of the opinion that the fact that we share our priority problems with you should be seen as a good thing and not a scary prospect.  Every ISP will have their own priority problems, but very, very few will share with their customers.
I'm really not sure why you had the ticket put on your account in that case!
PunKrocker
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I'm really not sure why you had the ticket put on your account in that case!

That's ok, I was sure I had the wrong info in my ticket 😉
I did not need any more problems today as my present ISP cut me off for 16 hours from last night as I had cancelled the DD before I migrated this week 😉 😉
pcoventry76
Grafter

they arent allowed to cut you off during a migration
::Edited to remove the edit:::  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not strictly correct.
All the originating IP knows is that you have requested a MAC.
If after doing that a bill needs to be paid and you have cancelled the direct debit they can and will disconnect the user as they have no idea whether you have used the MAC until the transfer goes through and are informed by BTw
PunKrocker
Grafter

Was paid in advance (26th billing date) and it was in their T&C's, problem seems to have been the reseller did not contact me as he was told by the ISP!
PunKrocker
Grafter

Quote from: Pcoventry
they arent allowed to cut you off during a migration

I was "cut off" from doing anything, but still connected to them with a browser message saying "DENIED" 🙂
pcoventry76
Grafter

You would still be connected to them unless they did a complete cease. Killing your throughput was very naughty but look on the brightside you'll be with a decent ISP soon Smiley
PunKrocker
Grafter

Thanks for the info, I thought it was the right thing to do, just to be safe, but obviously not 😉