cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused!?

Angrypetee
Grafter

Confused!?

Just in the process of transferring my fibre optic from our address to another (not 20 metres away I might add)
But PN have told me that fibre is not available at new address?
Slightly confused as my village has recently seen somewhat of a fibre optic boom..
As I said new property is no more than 20 metres away and is serviced by the same cabinet that the rest of the village is on..
I'm confused....

(Excuse the disjointed writing...I'm drunk...it's my birthday) Cheesy
37 REPLIES 37
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Confused!?

Quote from: Angrypetee
As I said new property is no more than 20 metres away and is serviced by the same cabinet that the rest of the village is on..

No spare capacity in the cabinet  Crazy
Oh! and Enjoy the rest of your birthday  Cheesy
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
If you're connected to the same cabinet it will more than likely be a capacity issue as mentioned above, I'll try and dig further into that for you tomorrow and see if that's the case.
Chris
Angrypetee
Grafter

Ahhhhhh....fair point...
Is there anything Openreach can do?
AndyH
Grafter

Put in a bigger cabinet!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If that's the case then we either need extra capacity added if possible or waiting for somebody to cancel their broadband.
I'll get more info tomorrow.
PeeGee
Pro

Chicken and egg, really Cheesy
Angrypetee can have the connection freed up when they move his internet to the new address  Roll_eyes but I don't know whether they disconnect  before connecting or need a time warp ......  Crazy
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Angrypetee
Grafter

I was just gonna say that!!
Will wait for info...
But yeah... I'm "cancelling" at one address and starting anew at another?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm guessing that, if the cabinet's 'full', then someone else might already be on the waiting list for the next cancelled FTTC line.  Sad
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Understood.... But I'm not technically cancelling..
PeeGee
Pro

I think this is being approached from the wrong direction, as it is similar to my position some weeks ago (though I only have ADSL  Roll_eyes )
Physically, the most time consuming task is to disconnect the modem, carry it to the new house and reconnect it  Smiley The most demanding task is manually getting the job actioned because the automated systems "say no"  Cry
There is no need to visit the exchange as moving the links at the line to the "old" over to the line to the "new" house is the only external task (plus possibly a reverse link move as well) and moves both phone and FBB.
In my case, it was a change of links to move my connection from a damaged cable to the house to an new cable connected via the nearest "pit" (adding 20m to the length as the new route goes past my house to the pit and back again instead of direct).
gunsmoke
Grafter

It might also depend on where you are moving from / to
I can think of plenty of places in my village where moving across the road, or just round the corner where you go from avaiable, to un available
Where are you?
GunSmoke
Angrypetee
Grafter

East Tilbury.... 
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're chasing this up today and we'll update you as soon as BTw get back to us(should be today).
Angrypetee
Grafter

Smashing!!  Grin